Definitions and Getting Started
This is an agreement between Good Gamer India Private Limited, which is incorporated under the companies act, 2020 registered at Registrar of Companies, Bangalore, (hereinafter referred to as “GoodPoker” or “we” or “us” or “our” and other such adjectives), including but not limited to its website www.goodpoker.in and any of our applications hosted there or downloaded from a third party website, or mobile app store (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Website”) and the End User (hereinafter referred to as “you”, “your”, “User” or “Player”) (“Agreement”).
By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that the trademark GoodPoker (the “Brand”) is owned by Good Gamer India Private Limited in India. As such, where used and the context allows, the term “Rights Holders” means us, Good Gamer India Private Limited.
Please note that this Agreement constitutes a legally binding agreement between You and Good Gamer India Private Limited.
All tournaments, promotional games, contests and cash games organized on the Website or third-party promotional websites, leagues, live events, television shows are collectively referred to as “Games”.
All software including the Website, any applications hosted therein or downloaded from there, and any updates to the same are collectively referred to as the “Software”.
The Software and the Games and any applications thereto offered or linked to our Website are collectively referred to as the “Services” offered to the User or Player.
Restricted States: would mean the Indian States which restricts gaming in their respective territories, i.e., the states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu and Telangana or any other Indian state which by law restricts real money games.
Written Consent in Favour of Website and Goodpoker
The Website and its registration are strictly private and in no way should be considered to be public. In order to register to the Website enabling the User to play the games offered/ use the software or any other product or services offered by the Website, Pvt or its associates, they will have to first register themselves with the Website.
Registration does not automatically guarantee the User the right to play on the Website, and the same is reserved by GOODPOKER and only after GOODPOKER or its representatives deem fit by their own subjective judgment will they grant the right to play.
To protect the interest of all Users and to promote fair play, the server where the software is installed and the games are hosted will be placed in a strictly non-public / confidential area where the access to the server is completely restricted both physically and virtually.
We offer our services in Indian territories that do not fall under restricted states, to Indian nationals over 18 years of age with valid identification documents issued by Government of India, Banking instruments and mobile phones in their name. By accepting this agreement, the user agrees to these conditions. Any breach of these conditions, in whatever form will be the responsibility of the user, and will result in suspension of user’s account, confiscation of funds and will attract legal action. You undertake, accept and agree that GOODPOKER and Website will not be held responsible or liable for any such breach committed by you under the applicable laws
Persons residing in one of the Restricted States
- Real money games are prohibited in the Restricted States and any persons who are residing in the Restricted States are not allowed to register or play such Games on GoodPoker.
Persons residing in an un-restricted state
- Such individuals will be allowed to play the Games available on GoodPoker.
- Such a person would need to submit proof of their residence outside the Restricted State.
Persons visiting a restricted state
- Our Website and Services are not offered in Restricted States, even for persons who were neither born in nor are residing in, but merely visiting such states.
Any software that you download from the Website is being licensed to you by GoodPoker for your private personal use solely on “AS IS” basis. By installing, copying, downloading or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you shall not use the Software/ Website.
Subject to the terms and conditions contained herein, GoodPoker grants the User a non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable right to install and use the Software in order to access the Servers and play the Games on the Website.
The Website/Software is not for use by:
- individuals less than 18 years of age; and individuals having residential addresses in jurisdictions where local laws prohibit them from connecting to the Website (including the Restricted States i.e., Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu and Telangana) or certain countries outside of India. It is the User’s responsibility to verify such matters.
- individuals temporarily located in, or visiting, jurisdictions where local laws prohibit them from connecting to the Website (including the Restricted States i.e., Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu and Telangana). It is the User’s responsibility to verify such matters.
- Any User who is “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. is not eligible to enter into this Agreement with GoodPoker.
- The Platform should not be used, installed, or played by any Person under the age of 18 years.
- You may register on the Platform and add cash to Your account by following the registration procedure laid down in the section on Nature and use of the Platform.
- You may register on the Platform and add cash to Your account by following the registration procedure laid down in the section on Nature and use of the Platform.
- The rules governing Your participation in the Contests available on Our Platform are available at Our section on Participation. Further, each Game may be subject to its own Game Rules and Code of Conduct.
- Please note that We have the sole discretion to determine the terms applicable on any Contest including the Awards to be given in any Contest. Further, the Entry Fee for any contest is non- refundable and may only be refunded under the circumstances stated in Our Return, Refund and Cancellation policy.
- Winnings may be withdrawn by You from Your account, subject to the completion of KYC verification and will be subject to TDS deductions.
- Only skill-based games are available on Our Platform. To understand more about the nature of games offered on Our Platform please refer to the Games of skill section.
- We further request that You follow the precautions laid down in Our Safety section while playing Games on Our Platform.
- While using the various communication channels provided on Our Platform You must abide by rules stated in Our Community rules and code of conduct section.
- You may not use the Platform in ways stated in Our Restrictions section. You will indemnify Us in the event We suffer any losses on account of Your use of Our Platform or Your failure to abide by this Agreement.
- Circumstances under which Your access to the Platform or this Agreement may be terminated are stated in the Termination section.
- Your use of this Platform is completely at Your own risk. We disclaim all warranties in relation to the Platform.
You agree not to:
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or access the accounts of others without permission, misrepresent the source, identity, perform any similar fraudulent activity or otherwise avail Services with what that we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- infringe our or any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy;
post or transmit any message which is libellous, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
- post or transmit any message, data, image or program which is pornographic, vulgar or offensive in nature;
- refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any other information provided by You to GoodPoker;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services and the Website or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Services or the Website;
- intentionally interfere with or damage the operation of the Services or the Website or any other user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code or file with contaminating or destructive features;
- use any robot, spider, other automatic devices, or manual process to monitor or copy the Website without prior written permission;
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic device or software to use your login and play on the Website;
- provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- Copy, distribute, publish, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, or translate the Software or make any attempt to access the source code to create derivative works of the source code of the Software, or otherwise;
- Sell, assign, sublicense, transfer, distribute or lease the Software;
- Make the Software available to any third party through a computer network or otherwise;
- Export the Software to any country (whether by physical or electronic means);
- Use the Software in a manner prohibited by applicable laws or regulations or contrary to GoodPoker policies mentioned on the Website.
(Each of the above action, in isolation or conjunction, shall be construed as “Unauthorized Use”)
You will be solely liable for any damage, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with any Unauthorized Use of the Software.
Scope of License
The Software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you the right to use the Software. GoodPoker reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the Software only as expressly permitted in this Agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the Software that only allows you to use it in certain ways.
The user may not attempt to modify, decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble the Software in any way. From time to time, GoodPoker / Website may automatically update or otherwise modify the Software, including, but not limited to, for purposes of enhancement of security functions, error correction and improvement of functions. Such updates or modifications may delete or change the nature of features or other aspects of the Software, including functions you may rely upon. You hereby agree that such activities may occur at GoodPoker’s sole discretion and that GoodPoker might make continued use of the Software conditional upon your complete installation or acceptance of such updates or modifications. Any updates/modifications shall be deemed to be, and shall constitute part of, the Software for purposes of this Agreement. By acceptance of this Agreement, you consent to such updates/modifications.
The Software is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated unless expressly authorized by GoodPoker.
You may not bypass, modify, defeat or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the Software or any mechanisms operatively linked to the Software.
You may not remove, alter, cover or deface any Trademarks or notices on the Software.
All title and copyright in and to the Software (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animation, video, audio, music and text incorporated into the Software), and any copies of the Software, are owned by GoodPoker, its affiliates or their suppliers. All rights not specifically granted in this agreement are reserved by GoodPoker.
GoodPoker is only permitting the user to use the Intellectual property to play the games and use other services offered and under all circumstances the user is strictly prohibited to use the intellectual property otherwise, which includes but is not limited to copying, reproducing or transmitting any media known to/ or will be known to humankind of the intellectual property. Website does not grant the user any rights whatsoever with respect to its or its Affiliates intellectual property by allowing him/her to play games on the Website and use other services on the Website.
Description of Services Offered
goodpoker.in is an online gaming Website offering real money skill and learning based digital games, providing the best software and an impeccable customer experience for gaming enthusiasts to play various variants of skill based games online in India (subject to restrictions that are placed in certain states, or might be placed by other states in the future).
In relation to cards as Games are being played, the Software ensures that all players receive randomly generated cards (without favouring any player) and that all settlements at the end of each hand are automatically processed and credited to the player’s account, as described further below.
Nature and Use of the Platform
GoodPoker provides the Platform to You on which You can play Games either offered by GoodPoker or independent Third-Party Game Developers. The Platform is designed to provide You an in-app browsing experience through an embedded browser. These Games run online over the Platform and do not have to be separately downloaded or installed.
Registration You may register by approving and agreeing to this Agreement and providing Your registered mobile phone number on the Platform. You will be verified by GoodPoker using a one-time password (“OTP”) system. Upon successfully verifying the OTP, an account will be created for You (“Account”).
The Users acknowledge that their User Details will be accessible to other User on the Platform and shall be available for GoodPoker to create promotional and interactive content over the Platform.
Your Account is for Your personal use only. You shall not impersonate someone else. By creating an Account after providing a mobile phone number and verifying it using an OTP, You represent, warrant, and agree that You are authorized to use the Platform and will abide by the Agreement.
Games of Skill
- The Games hosted by GoodPoker on the Platform are all Games of Skill (defined below). Different Games will reward different skills, but each game will reward certain skills, such as knowledge of the game, familiarity with rules, experience, reflexes, experience, practice, hand-eye coordination etc.
- Users must note that all Games available on the Platform are games where the success or/and performance of the Users depends predominantly upon their superior knowledge, training, attention, experience and adroitness (“Games of Skill”) in playing the game. ‘Games of Skill’, under Indian law, are excluded from the ambit of gambling legislations including, the Public Gambling Act of 1867 and other state enactments except in the Restricted States.
- Hence, the individuals residing in the Restricted States should not participate in any Contest or Games offered on the Platform. Any participation by such individuals shall be at their sole risk and discretion and GoodPoker shall not be liable to refund or reimburse any injury or damages suffered by such individuals.
- GoodPoker reserves the right to monitor all activities from the User’s Account on the Platform. If any User participates in any Contest or Games in violation of any central and/or state law(s) in India, GoodPoker reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement agencies of the relevant state and report such participation or/and suspicious activity along with all relevant details of the concerned User.
- GoodPoker does not support, endorse or offer to any User ‘games of chance’ for money. Each Game and Contest available on the Platform has clearly defined rules and code of conduct. All Users are encouraged to read, understand and follow these rules to be successful in these games. GoodPoker shall not be liable if Users do not adhere to the Game Rules or otherwise engage in gambling or betting activities on the Platform.
In order to participate in certain Contests/tournaments, the Users may be required to pay an entry fee in the form of cash (“Entry Fee”). Users may add cash to their account by using any of the payment modes available on the Platform.
Each User is solely responsible for all activities that occur under their account, including the use of any of the Services on the Platform.
GoodPoker grants such Users a non-transferable, limited, non-exclusive and revocable privilege to register an account on and use the Platform.
If GoodPoker identifies that the same User Details are being used under multiple accounts, then GoodPoker at its sole discretion will terminate/deactivate the account without the Users’ consent and any deposit in the account will not be refunded.
GoodPoker, at its sole and absolute discretion and without any notice to the Users, reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate any account or access to the Platform temporarily or permanently to any User.
GoodPoker may, at its sole and absolute discretion restrict, change, suspend, or terminate any User’s access to all or any part of the Platform, including but not limited to:
a) reject, move, or remove any material that may be submitted by the User;
b) move or remove any content that is available on the Platform;
c) deactivate or delete an account and all related information and files on their account;
d) establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Platform and the services; and
e) assign its rights and liabilities with respect to all accounts hereunder, to any entity.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Users acknowledge and agree that they shall have no ownership or other interest in their account, and further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to their account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of GoodPoker.
Participation in Contest
- “Contest” is a skill based competition offered by GoodPoker on the Platform in which Users compete either in a tournament or 1v1 battle by playing the Games on the Platform. Contests can be either ‘paid’ or ‘free to play’. Paid Contests require the Users to pay an Entry Fee for participation, whereas free to play Contests are open to all Users without an Entry-Fee.
- The Users may use the Platform to participate in a variety of Contests available on the Platform.
- In order to participate in a Contest, each User may be required to pay an Entry Fee to the Platform which is deducted from the Balance available in the Account of the User.
- Each Contest has a predetermined limit on the number of Users that can participate and a specified time before which entries must be made. A Contest is deemed to be a valid Contest on the Platform, only if the requisite number of Users register for the Contest before the prescribed entry time.
- Any amount received by GoodPoker as Entry Fee for participation in a Contest shall be non- refundable, except in the event that a Contest has been cancelled.
- Contests shall be announced by GoodPoker from time to time in any manner that is convenient to the Company, and GoodPoker reserves the right to extend the participation and time limit for registration, cancel any Contest, and modify any terms, all with due notice to the Users of the Platform.
Awards for all Contests shall be pre-declared at the time of registration in the specific rules applicable to such Contest. Awards may be in the form of GoodPoker Tokens, cash or promotional gifts.
Users are eligible to withdraw only cash Winnings from his/her Account to his/her respective bank/wallet account once it is KYC (Know Your Customer) verified.
KYC verification is mandatory as a proof of identity for making withdrawals from Your Account to Your bank/wallet account. KYC verification may be done through the Platform by providing certain details: (i) photograph of a valid government ID (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter Card etc.); and (ii) other User Details.
GoodPoker does not issue receipts for entries in the Contests. The entries are accounted within the Account on the Platform. It is the responsibility of the Users to ensure that the entries are accurate and the Winnings are duly credited to his Account.
Any tax/levies/duty etc., as applicable on material prizes, shall be paid by the winner of the game. Based on TDS (tax deducted at source) Rules for any sort of game winning in India, 30% TDS should be deducted on any winning greater than Rs.10,000/- in a financial year.
Return, Refund and Cancellation
In the event that there is an error in the Services provided by us, we may refund the Entry Fee, provided the reasons are genuine and proved after investigation by GoodPoker.
Please read the rules of each Game and Contest before participating.
We do not cancel registrations once entered, however, in case of exceptional circumstances wherein the fault may lie with the payment gateway or from Our side, We will cancel your participation on request and refund the Entry Fee to You within a reasonable amount of time.
In case we cancel your participation in any Game or Contest as a result of this, We will return Your Entry Fee to You within a reasonable amount of time for You to redeem the same by playing other Contests on GoodPoker.
We will try Our best to create the best user experience for You. If paid by credit card, refunds will be issued to the original credit card provided at the time of purchase and in case of payments made through a payment gateway, payment refunds will be made to the same account.
In order to comply with extant law relating to deposit regulations, please note that the Users must withdraw any idle Balance lying in their Account within 365 days of having won a particular Contest. Similarly, Users must use any money in their Account within 365 days. If not, the said Balance will have to be forfeited by GoodPoker.
Poker: Game Rules and Code of Conduct
A. PRICING OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED
The charges are levied in the following forms:
- Rake Charges: The Website/GOODPOKER will be levying a service fee (also referred to as a ” Rake”) on the pot in each poker hand from cash games played on the Website or applications downloaded from there. https://goodpoker.in/rake-structure/ describes the current Rake charges. The rake charges levied are subject to change from time to time, and Users will be kept updated by suitable modifications to the same webpage and through responses to specific requests made through Customer Care. More details can also be obtained by writing to our Customer Care at support AT goodpoker DOT in or by using the chat option available on the Website.
- Entry Fees in Tournaments: This fee will be charged on all tournaments, including Sit n’ Go tournaments, and will be displayed in the tournament lobby. This amount will be charged from interested Users who have registered for the above-said tournaments at the beginning of the tournament itself. The entry fees levied are subject to change from time to time, and Users will be kept updated by suitable modifications in this document, intimations on the Poker Lobby at the time of buy-in and through specific requests made through Customer Care. More details can also be obtained by writing to our Customer Care at support AT goodpoker DOT in or by using the chat option available on the Website. The Website/GOODPOKER will not be liable to pay back any such charge once a user has registered for a tournament.
B. WEBSITE SERVICES NOT PERMISSIBLE IN STATES OF ANDHRA PRADESH, ASSAM, GUJARAT, NAGALAND, ODISHA, SIKKIM, TAMIL NADU AND TELANGANA
The Website/GOODPOKER specifically prohibits Users in the Restricted States from accessing the Services . There may be applicable penalties imposed on such Users by the respective State Governments or the Central Government of India as the case may be. The Website/GOODPOKER does not accept membership requests from Users who are currently residing in these States and if a User residing in such State(s) becomes a registered user of the Website by giving false and misleading information, he/she alone will be liable for violation of various laws of India, including the Laws of the respective States. The Website/GOODPOKER reserves the absolute and unconditional right to terminate such users’ membership without any notice and confiscate all their deposit and winnings as the case might be. Users/Players accept that Website/GOODPOKER will not be liable for User’s violation of Laws of India and various States and further that the Website/GOODPOKER can initiate legal proceedings against them for violating this agreement.
Users confirm to us that they are not residents of Restricted States or any other Indian states which prohibits its residents from playing/ participating in Games of Poker. Our policies do not allow residents of Restricted States to create their player login accounts with the Website. Our decision in this regard will be final and no consideration whatsoever will be extended to the User. Users are responsible for ascertaining the respective state law and local law and Users are responsible for any such breach of state and local law regarding accessing the Website and using any of its Services. You undertake, accept and agree that GOODPOKER and Website will not be held responsible or liable for any such breach committed by you under the applicable laws.
C. SERVICES NOT OFFERED TO USERS BELOW THE AGE OF 18 YEARS
Our services and products are not available to anybody under the age of 18 years on the date of them registering on the Website. Also, it is strictly prohibited for any user under the age of 18 years to play games or avail any services as offered by us on our Website or applications. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage to verify that people below the age of 18 years are not using the service and we may exclude a person from playing or availing the services as offered on the Website if proof of age is not provided or if the Website/GOODPOKER suspects that a person using the service is under-age of 18 years. If any person over the age of 18 years allows another person under the age of 18 to use their login/membership to avail of the Services, then the Website/GOODPOKER reserves the right to immediately terminate that user’s membership and confiscate all their deposit and winnings as the case might be. Users accept that Website/GOODPOKER will not be liable for User’s violation of Laws of India and various States in this regard, and further that the Website/GOODPOKER can initiate legal proceedings against them for violating this agreement.
Chip-dumping occurs when any User intentionally loses a hand in order to deliberately transfer his chips to another User. Any User who chip-dumps or attempts to chip-dump with any other User, or who benefits from such actions taken by another User while using the Service may be permanently banned from using the Service and their account may be terminated immediately. In such circumstances, GoodPoker will be under no obligation to refund any monies that may be in such Users’ accounts at such time and GoodPoker / Website will have the right to initiate legal proceedings against the offending player.
E. TOURNAMENT CRASH POLICY
1. Refund Policy
If a tournament has to cancel for any reason, GoodPoker will make a concerted effort to compensate players in the fairest and most equitable way possible. There are three different possible compensation methods, depending on the exact circumstances and timing of the cancellation. The method to be applied shall be the sole discretion of the Tournament Management.
1.1. Rollback (Before the Late Registration Ends)
In this case, the site is “rolling back” the tournament as if it never happened – if players were registered for the tournament, they get their buy-in and fees (including rebuys, add-ons, and knock out entry if any) refunded. Also, the buy-in is refunded in exactly the same format with which they bought in. For instance, if one bought into a tournament using a Ticket, then he will get the ticket back which can be redeemed for an equivalent cash prize.
1.2. Roll Forward (After Late Registration is Over but No Players in the Money)
Roll Forward means that the site is distributing the money from the tournament based at least partially on the results. Let’s say that if a tournament is cancelled and the Site does a “roll forward” before the players are in the money, it refunds each remaining player his tournament fee (and knockout bounty if appropriate) and then divide up the prize pool based on the following formula:
1.2.1. 50% (fifty per cent) of the award pool is distributed evenly among all remaining players; and
1.2.2. 50% (fifty per cent) of the award pool is distributed proportionally according to the chip count.
1.3. Roll Forward (Players are in the Money)
When a tournament is cancelled, and players have already reached the money, the Site refunds each remaining player his tournament fee (and knockout bounty if appropriate), and then divide up the prize pool based on the following formula:
1.3.1. Each player receives the minimum prize not yet awarded at the time of cancellation
1.3.2. The remainder of the award pool distributed is distributed proportionally according to the chip count
- Note that if a player busts out before the tournament is cancelled, he receives no refund of his entry fee.
- And if the Player was placed in the money before the tournament was cancelled, he keeps that money.
Account Creation and Maintenance
Users can only have one account on the Website, which must be opened by providing correct, true and up-to-date information about the account holder and should be operated by the User himself/herself only. You shall not use the Website through another User’s account intentionally or unintentionally and you shall not open more than one account on the Website, whether using the same or other identification proofs. If any User fails to comply with this condition, the Website/GOODPOKER shall be entitled to cancel his/her accounts immediately and will bar him/her from using the Website in future.
Sharing of Password
Sharing or distribution of the password with any other user/ person/ group or any third party is strictly prohibited. GoodPoker/Website is not responsible if your account is accessed or opened by others using your password. You are held legally responsible and liable for all of your activities on the Website made from your account.
You understand that it is your obligation to protect the information you have provided on the Website including, but not limited, to usernames, passwords, email addresses, contact details, and telephone numbers. You explicitly understand and agree that we will not incur any liability for information provided by you to anyone which may result in your account on the Website being exposed or misused by any other person or any other harm or loss being suffered by you.
Disconnections and Technical Issues
In case of any technical failures, server crashes, breakdowns, software defects, disruption or malfunction of service, as a policy, Website/GOODPOKER will cancel the games and refund the bet amounts/Entry Fee after proper verification and no rake in case of card games will be taken from such games and you accept that the Website/GOODPOKER is not responsible to you for any other payments in all such cases. Website/GOODPOKER is not liable for any prospective winnings from any incomplete tournament.
The Website/GOODPOKER shall not be held responsible for any liability to any disconnection, lag, freeze or interference in the network on the user’s computer or any other external networks. The User hereby agrees and acknowledges that in no case, other than a server crash, the Website/GOODPOKER is accountable for his or her disconnection(s) from the server. The User expressly agrees that in no case does the Website/GOODPOKER accept any liability for consequential damages of any kind due to your inability to complete a hand / a tournament including due to technical failures, and in all such cases the maximum recourse available is a full refund of any money invested in that hand/tournament/Contest. You acknowledge that your participation in any game/tournament available on the Website is purely voluntary and is at your sole discretion and risk. You understand and acknowledge that once a game/tournament/Contest has commenced, not being able to play due to slow internet connections, faulty hardware, internet connection failure, low computer configuration or for any other reason not attributable to GOODPOKER/Website will not necessitate a refund of the entry fee you may have paid for participation.
Third Party Content
GOODPOKER will not stand the use of any abusive or offensive language on our chat boards or any other platforms. Also, you are not allowed to make false or damaging comments with regard to GoodPoker in any media or forum.
We hold the right to reject or delete any text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or any other material that breaches the terms in accordance with our third party content policy posted by you on any platform.
Any violation may result in removal of the third party Content, a suspension of your use of the Services and/or any suitable action as may be required by us to ensure the agreement.
Please beware of phishing attacks, spoofed emails and links from external third party sources but claiming to be from Website or GOODPOKER. Website/GOODPOKER is not responsible for such emails/messages and/or any loss arising out of clicking on links contained in them.
Impersonation and Unauthorised Dealings Prohibited
The Website/GOODPOKER does not tolerate any illegal and unauthorized activities on or against the Website by either Users or any unrelated third parties. All Users are absolutely prohibited from impersonating another person/User/Player or deal in any other manner that is prohibited by the Laws of India and other Jurisdictions. All necessary steps have been taken in order to ensure fair play on the Website. We will prevent you from colliding with other players in order to win/lose. When you agree to the terms and conditions mentioned here, you agree that you will not play any game in a partnership or by communicating with other players, which may give you the benefit over other players. If we have reasonable grounds to believe that a User has indulged in any prohibited activities or has committed any Crime or Cyber Crime, Website/GOODPOKER may in its sole discretion, but without any Legal Obligation to do so, initiate appropriate Legal Proceedings against the offender as well as notify the same to any Regulatory or Law Enforcement Agency of India or Foreign Jurisdiction. Website/GOODPOKER may also suspend or terminate the User’s account and other privileges for the use of the Website.
Crime and Cyber Crime Reporting by Users
Users are under an absolute obligation to inform Website/GOODPOKER about any Cyber Crime and Cyber Contravention involving their accounts. If any Users fail to inform the Website/GOODPOKER within 48 hours of the commission of a Cyber Crime or Cyber Contravention, Website/GOODPOKER shall not be under any obligation to extend any sort of assistance to them. The User alone is responsible to investigate, prosecute and file necessary legal actions and proceedings against the Cyber Criminals and other Offenders and Website/GOODPOKER shall in no case be responsible to share the financial and investigation burdens of the User. Website/GOODPOKER will, however, endeavour to support Users in investigating such instances of Cyber Crime, if any, to the best of its ability.
Objectable Contents Policy
Users are not allowed to post objectionable text, audio or video content on any part of the Website including their usernames, profiles, names of the private table created by the Users, and any chats whether public or private. Users admit, agree and accept that they may be exposed to content posted by other Persons which they may find offensive, unacceptable, obnoxious or indecent and that the Website may not be able to prevent such content being posted. The users/players shall bring to the notice of the Website/GOODPOKER or the grievance department at support AT goodpoker DOT in immediately so as to enable the Website to act upon such information as it deems proper in accordance with its Policies. Users are not allowed to make false or damaging comments with regard to the Website/GOODPOKER in any media or forum and GOODPOKER holds the right to reject or delete any text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or any other material posted by you on any platform if it breaches the terms in accordance with our third party content policy. Any such violation by any User may lead to terminating and suspending their account and confiscating the money deposited therein. The decision taken by GoodPoker and its Management in this regard shall be final and binding on the User and the User specifically agrees that Website/GOODPOKER will not incur any liability under any circumstance whatsoever with regard to the same. The User should beware of spoof emails and links from external third party sources but claiming to be from the Website/GOODPOKER and the Website/GOODPOKER shall not be responsible for such emails/messages and/or any loss arising out of clicking on links contained in them.
Restrictions on Your Use of the Platform
You hereby agree and undertake not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harms minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary/intellectual property rights;
- promotes cigarettes or any other tobacco products or consumption of intoxicant including alcohol and Electronic Nicotine Delivery System (ENDS) and like products that enable nicotine delivery except for the purpose & in the manner and to the extent, as may be approved under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules made thereunder; threatens critical information infrastructure;
- that is relating to or encourages money laundering or gambling or violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages communicates any i nformation which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation; or
- is misleading or known to be false in any way.
You are a restricted user of this Website.
- You will not redistribute, sublicense, rent, publish, sell, assign, lease, market, transfer, or otherwise make the Platform or any component or content thereof, available to third parties without the permission of GoodPoker.
- You will not circumvent or disable any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of the Platform; remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) on any portion of the Platform; and not use the Platform in a manner that threatens the integrity, performance, or availability of the Platform.
- You will not attempt to or engage in any activity that may:
– reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise extract the source code related to the Platform or any part thereof, unless it is expressly permitted by GoodPoker to You in writing or is required by the Applicable Law;
– use any robot, spider, retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Platform or content thereof;
– collect information about Users for any illegal or unlawful purpose;
– create any Account by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses for using the Platform;
– transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature through the Platform;
– use the Platform in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair, or undertake any action which is harmful or potentially harmful to, any of the servers, networks, computer systems or resources connected to any of the servers connected, directly or indirectly to the Platform, or interfere with any other Users’ use and enjoyment of the Platform;
– carry out any denial of service (DoS, DDoS) or any other harmful attacks on the Platform or; disrupt or place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, or interfere with or attempt to make, or attempt any unauthorized access to the Platform or any part of the Platform or any User of the Platform;
– forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Platform; and/or
– obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available, in the opinion of Pocket52, through the Platform.
- You will not impersonate another Person or impersonate, guide or host on behalf of, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with any Person or entity, including, but not limited to Our officials, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, dealers and franchisees.
- If We detect any activity from Your User Account that is fraudulent, suspected to be defrauding the Platform, or if You are found colluding or participating in any kind of fraudulent activity on the Platform in any manner, then You shall be debarred from participating in any Contest/tournaments available on the Platform.
- We reserve the right to deactivate or delete Your Account and all related information on it and forfeit related Balances and/or take any other appropriate action, at our sole and absolute discretion, in the event of any fraudulent, illegal or suspicious activities from Your Account on the Platform.
- Any deductions or forfeiture of Balances made from Your Account shall be made at Our sole and absolute discretion and shall not result in any liability on GoodPoker whatsoever. We may choose to provide a right of appeal to the User after deleting, closing or forfeiting the balances in his/her Account. However, such right shall be provided at the sole and absolute discretion of GoodPoker and the User shall not claim such right or any other recourse from GoodPoker.
- You are also responsible for any breach of Your obligations under the Agreement and/or for the consequences of any such breach.
Online Banking Transactions and Payment Rules
When the Users use Services as provided by the Website/GOODPOKER, they will be required to send money to us and may be required to receive money from us. To process such financial transactions, the Website/GOODPOKER may use third-party electronic payment processors or service providers (ESPs). You permanently authorize us to instruct such ESPs to handle Account deposits and withdrawals from your account. You also permanently agree that in accordance with your requests as submitted, we may give such instructions on your behalf. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use of each ESP, as appropriate. In the event of a conflict between these Agreements and the ESP’s terms and conditions, these Agreements shall prevail.
Users understand that the Website/GOODPOKER will not accept payments or deposits from any bank accounts that are domiciled outside of India, or credit cards/debit cards linked to such bank accounts, or otherwise issued by financial institutions based outside of India. In no case will any payments or deposits be accepted in any currency other than Indian Rupees. All payouts will be made only in Indian rupees to Indian bank accounts. Also, the user should ensure that the instrument used to make the payment is his/her own and is used to add balances into his/her user account only.
Users understand and acknowledge the fact that GoodPoker is not a bank, a financial institution, or a non-banking financial corporation, and that the balance standing to the credit in a User’s account does not accumulate any interest. All player/user funds are held in trust by us in specified bank accounts. Funds held in user accounts are held separately from our corporate funds. Even in the highly unlikely event of an insolvency proceeding, your claims on your deposits will be given preference over all other claims to the extent permissible by law.
Users also understand and agree that their accounts maintained with us are purely for the purpose of payment of the entry/subscription fee to participate in games/tournaments made available on the Website and for settlement of prizes that any player may win. You may not purchase, sell, trade, rent, lease, license, grant a security interest in, or transfer your User account, any content, currency, cash balance, points, standings, rankings, ratings, or any other attributes appearing in, originating from or associated with the Website or by using any Services. The Website does not allow any transfer of funds or point balances directly from one user to another except as the outcome of a game/tournament.
It is the sole responsibility of the Users to administer and manage the Online Banking and Financial Transactions and Payments for accessing the Website. Users are solely responsible for acquainting themselves with, and complying with, all applicable Laws of India, including those pertaining to online payments and transfer of funds through online and offline methods. Users have to be sure that they are complying with the requirements and regulations as framed by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from time to time and any online monetary transaction in violation of the rules and regulations prescribed by the RBI and other applicable Laws of India shall be solely attributable to the concerned User and GoodPoker shall not be held liable in this regard.
Participation in Services Provided by the Website
Each User understands and accepts that his/her mere participation in a game/tournament available on the Website does not create any obligation on Website/GOODPOKER to give him/her a prize. Poker is a game of skill and User’s winning is predominantly dependent upon the skills displayed and used by the winning Users. Users acknowledge that there might be a risk of monetary loss due to the nature of the Services. Users acknowledge this risk, and their access to and use of the Website is completely voluntary and is at their sole discretion and risk. The Website/GOODPOKER will not be liable for any loss incurred by the User whatsoever, and the User voluntarily acknowledges the same. Users also agree to receive messages and telephonic calls from time to time on various feature updates and promotional communication on GoodPoker.
Users’ Technological Specifications
Users understand and acknowledge that they have the requisite skills, technological knowledge and technical infrastructure to play games on the Website. These Users Technological Specifications and requirements shall be maintained by the Users at all times from the stage of accessing the Website to the finishing of the game successfully. Once a game/tournament has commenced, not being able to play due to slow internet connections, data or telecom connectivity issues, faulty hardware, internet connection failure, inadequate memory space/disk space / other computer configuration issues or for any other reason shall not make GoodPoker liable in any manner whatsoever. The website shall also not be liable to refund the entry fee the User may have paid for such participation.
The tax would be deducted at source (“TDS”) at the rate specified as per the Indian Income Tax Act 1961 (as amended to date) or as per any other law in force at the time being. The User hereby agrees and acknowledges that the winnings from Games, tournaments or through any other services as provided by the Website/GOODPOKER shall be allowed to be withdrawn only after deduction of applicable TDS. The User also agrees to furnish a scanned copy of his/her PAN (Permanent Account Number) duly issued to him/her by the Income Tax Department, Government of India, to deduct TDS as per the rules and regulations of the government of India. The User also agrees and acknowledges that deduction of TDS by the Website does not absolve the User from his or her overall liability to pay all applicable tax on his/her winnings from all games/tournaments played on the Website during the course of the year. The User expressly acknowledges that it remains his/her liability to calculate the total tax due to the relevant tax authorities at the end of the year and to pay any balance tax over and above any TDS that would have been paid on the User’s behalf. A Game for a user ends once he/she withdraws chips from the User Balance and TDS, if applicable as per the regulations, will be deducted on the winnings at that time. Partial withdrawals from the User Balance is allowed.
Safety Precaution and Responsible Gaming
- GoodPoker suggests that Users adopt a balanced approach while engaging with any of the N Games on the Platform and safeguard themselves against any adverse effects. If played responsibly, Games (like other forms of sports) aim to encourage Users to develop their mental prowess, hand-eye coordination, competitiveness and encourage teamwork.
- You should take certain standard health and safety precautions while playing any Game, including taking adequate breaks, sitting at a reasonable distance from the screen, playing in a well-lit environment, and avoiding playing when tired, drowsy, intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. Avoid playing without breaks over long periods of time as this could affect Your performance and could negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multi-tasking ability.
- The Platform or the Games offered on the Platform may contain flashing lights, realistic images, patterns and simulations which may cause certain side effects. If Your hands, wrists, arms, eyes or other parts of Your body become tired or sore while playing, or if You feel symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning or stiffness, stop and rest before playing again. If You continue to have any of these above symptoms, please stop playing IMMEDIATELY and consult a doctor.
- If You play any Games on the Platform, give Yourself plenty of room to play and always be aware of Your surroundings. While playing any Game You may be moving around the play area and using Your hands to control gameplay. You must ensure that You are not near other people, objects, stairs, balconies, windows, walls, furniture or other objects that may pose a danger to You or could be damaged during the play. Never handle sharp or dangerous objects while playing any Game on the Platform.
- It is Your responsibility to control Your surroundings and movements at all times when playing the game to ensure that You don’t injure Yourself, any other persons, damage any property etc. Any playing of the Games is at Your own risk and Pocket52 shall not be liable for any death, injury or health complications resulting from Your use of the Platform.
- You agree that Your use of the Platform and to play the Games is at Your own risk, and it is Your responsibility to maintain such health, liability, hazard, personal injury, medical, life, and other insurance policies as You deem reasonably necessary for any injuries that You may incur while using the Platform.
- You hereby agree that if the terms of this Agreement are not adhered by You, Pocket52 will be irreparably damaged, and therefore You agree that the Platform shall be entitled, without bond, other security, proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to any breach of this Agreement, in addition to any other remedies available under Applicable Law.
External Player Assistance Programs and Heads Up Displays Prohibited
GoodPoker prohibits any External Player Assistance Programs (“EPA Programs”) or Heads Up Displays (“HUDs”) which are designed to provide an unfair advantage to any Users. GoodPoker defines “External” to mean computer software (other than the Software), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g., subscription services). The User acknowledges that any information on other players beyond that which the User has personally observed through the User’s own gameplay constitutes an unfair advantage.
GoodPoker completely prohibits data mining activities, in any form or manner whatsoever, during the game that is designed to track and display the actions of other players/users on the Website including but not limited to the practice of data mining hands, the use of hands or private results acquired through data mining and the mass sharing of hands, private results or playing statistics for the purpose of analysis of opponents and/or the playing manner of the opponents and/or the playing mechanism in any manner whatsoever.
You agree that GoodPoker may take steps to detect and prevent the use of prohibited EPA Programs and HUDs. These steps may include but are not limited to, examination of software programs running concurrently with the Software on the User’s computer.
Automated Players (Bots)
The use of artificial intelligence including, without limitation, “robots” or “bots” by Users is strictly forbidden in connection with the Service. All actions taken in relation to the Service by a User must be executed personally by himself/herself through the user interface accessible by use of the Software.
Forming teams and colluding between you and other user(s) for participating in Games organized/offered on the Platform or any other form of cheating is strictly prohibited. Collusion is when two or more players work together to manipulate a certain outcome or a single individual using multiple accounts to accomplish the same thing, such User Accounts will be terminated immediately.
In the event that GoodPoker deems that a User has engaged or attempted to engage in fraudulent, unlawful, dishonest or improper activity while using the Service, or any other game manipulation, or the making of any fraudulent payment, including without limitation, use of a stolen credit card or fraudulent chargeback or money laundering, GoodPoker shall be entitled to take such action as it sees fit, including, but not limited to:
- Immediately blocking a User’s access to the Service;
- Terminating a User’s account with GoodPoker;
- Seizing the funds within a User’s account;
- Disclosing such information (including the identity of the User) to financial institutions, relevant authorities and/or any person or entity that has the legal right to such information; and/or
- Taking legal action against a User.
- In the event that a User is a victim of any unfair game play practices on any given table, GoodPoker shall conduct an investigation. Based upon the findings of such an investigation, GoodPoker may compensate a User on best effort basis.
- In the event of any fraudulent hands on a table, GoodPoker shall cancel the event/cash table and provide refunds to the players involved in the gameplay. Compensated amounts could vary based on the amount confiscated from users involved in the fraud and may not always be the same as the actual amount lost by the users. The decision with respect to compensation by GoodPoker will be final and binding on the Users.
- By using this Website, it is deemed that you have consented to accept the decision of GoodPoker as final in relation to all compensation matters including but not limited to the amount of compensation. GoodPoker reserves the right to modify or terminate the User compensation policy with or without any prior notification.
- We will do our best to investigate complaints received against players suspected of unfair game play practices. We will not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss you or any other user may accrue as a result of the collusive or otherwise unlawful activity and we will not be further obliged to take any other actions in any event of suspected collusion, fraudulent behaviour or fraud.
- Users are eligible for compensation only if they have completed their full KYC (Verification of PAN, Address proof and Bank account) at the time of incident.
Depositing and withdrawing without playing any or generating a reasonable amount of rake is a violation of GoodPoker’s fairplay deposit and withdrawal policy.
Consecutive deposits and withdrawals are considered as money laundering actions, which is not permitted on GoodPoker.
In such a scenario, GoodPoker reserves the right to withhold any necessary action, as it deems fit, against players found indulging in unfair means. The action could range from monetary penalties, temporary account suspension, withdrawal blocking to permanent account deactivation.
This includes contacting you through information received through other parties. The use of this Website is also your consent to receive SMSs from GoodPoker at any time we deem fit. This consent to be contacted is for purposes that include and are not limited to clarification calls and marketing and promotional calls. The user can opt out from such communication and/or newsletters either by unsubscribing on the Website itself, or by contacting the customer services team and placing a request for unsubscribing by sending an email to [support AT goodpoker DOT in].
Limitation of Liability and Damages
In no event, GoodPoker or its contractors, agents, licensors, partners or suppliers will be liable to You for direct, indirect, ancillary, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance or exemplary damages. This includes, but is not limited to injury, claim, loss of data, loss of income, loss of profit or loss of opportunity, loss of or damage to property, loss of anticipated profits or any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary loss , goodwill, use, data, other intangible, or damage of any nature whatsoever loss (even if GoodPoker has been advised of the possibility of such damages), arising out of or relating to: (i) this Agreement or any other policies of the Website; (ii) the Services, the Website or any reference site/app/platform/service; or (iii) Your use or inability to use the Services, the Website(including any and all materials) or any reference sites/app/platform/service, even if GOODPOKER or a GOODPOKER authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages or (iv) any other interactions with GoodPoker.
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold GOODPOKER, its affiliates, contractors, employees, officers, partners, agents and its third-party suppliers, and licensors, harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, and liabilities, costs and expenses, including without limitation legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to: (i) Your use or misuse of the Services or of the Website; (ii) any violation by You of this Agreement or; (iii) any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by You herein. GOODPOKER reserves the right, at Your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which You are required to indemnify GOODPOKER, including rights to settle, and You agree to cooperate with GOODPOKER’s defence and settlement of these claims. GOODPOKER will use reasonable efforts to notify You of any claim, action, or proceeding brought by a third party that is subject to the foregoing indemnification upon becoming aware of it. This paragraph shall survive termination of this Agreement.
of our Terms of Service may lead to your account being restricted.
GoodPoker is one of the best online poker sites. You will always find action packed tournaments and cash games 24/7.
What are you waiting for? Create an account now and claim your welcome bonus!
iOS App Coming Soon
Good Gamer Corp.
900 - 900 West Hastings Street
Vancouver BC, Canada
GoodPoker Office (India)
Good Gamer India Private Limited
#1271 7th Cross, 5th Stage
BEML Layout, R.R. Nagar
Bengaluru, Bangalore 560 098
GoodPoker Office (US)
Good Gamer Corp.
3500 S. DuPont Highway,
Dover, Delaware USA
Good Gamer Corp.
900 - 900 West Hastings Street
Vancouver BC, Canada
GoodPoker Office (India)
Good Gamer India Private Limited
#1271 7th Cross, 5th Stage
BEML Layout, R.R. Nagar
Bengaluru, Bangalore 560 098
GoodPoker Office (US)
Good Gamer Corp.
3500 S. DuPont Highway,
Dover, Delaware USA